Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Vision of Karin

In the first month after Karin’s death, I had nightmares about her. Like my mother, my dreams often include my deceased relatives, but not Karin yet. Before awaking this morning, I dreamed that Steve had emailed me several files of journals which Karin had written that he found on her computer. I was thrilled to receive these, but before I read them, I had more of a vision of Karin than a dream. She appeared before me wearing a purple floral dress similar to a Laura Ashley one she had in high school. We hugged tightly as I sobbed and sobbed. She comforted me saying it was OK. I asked how she was, and she told me not to worry about her, that she was fine. While hugging, I could see her indistinct face in a mirror. She said that she was no longer in pain, and, to prove it, she bent, twisted, and twirled her body around before leaving me.

Maybe my brain is ready to introduce her into my pleasant dreams. And I did dream about her again last night (Ap. 8). She was helping to plan her funeral -- not particularly pleasant, but very Karin. She wanted a white hearse, so we blew that one.

Grant received my email about my dream, called, and said the HE dreamed about Karin for the first time that same night! She had just become engaged to an unknown person. We were very happy and excited for her. Greg came in; she told him; he made a typical snide comment, then hugged and congratulated her. :-0 And we are not together! He is at home and I am in Texas.

No comments: